Wednesday 6 May 2009

Aloha

I've always loved hibiscus flowers, ever since holidays to spain as a child, the vivid colours and long stamen, I liked to pick them and put them behind one ear and imagine being a flamenco dancer. Now I associate them with Hawaii, must be all those surf clothes that feature them.

I recently scored a bargain paper pack of mixed prints and there was a really pretty one with hibiscus on them that i knew I had to use but I wasn't sure on what or how.

I made these little aloha notecards with the paper, some sizzix die cuts embellished and raised on foam squares and stamped the aloha on little squares of card. I thought they were pretty cute.

I was then left with the remnant die cut pieces that I didn't use and I couldn't waste them so I decorated them and put them to one side and left them for a couple of weeks. Eventually I got sick of looking at them on my desk all lonely and unloved so I popped them together on this card. I think I like it and it's different from what I've done recently.


Supplies: White Card, Dovecraft Retro Floral Paperpack, Sizzix Thin Cuts Hibiscus die, Glitter, Chalks, Scallop punch, Fiskars Threading Water Punch, Woodware Circular Greeting from the previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails