Sunday 17 January 2010

One for the boys!


It was my darling husband's birthday on Saturday and I had been stressing about making him a card and having enough time to get it done. I had purchased him some XB360 live points for his birthday and decided to use the box as a card to go with the points.

I made a template for the 360 itself, cut out the various buttons and doo-dads and embellished them with metallic pencils, krylon silver pen and dimensional adhesive before attaching them to the template. I wanted it to 'pop' out a little when opened so I mounted it on a strip of card with a couple of creases so it would lay flat when closed. I added on some decorated die cut circles (although one dropped off leaving that little blank of white card to the template!) some stickers and finished it off by mounting the points card on with repositionable adhesive.

I didn't have as much time as I would have liked and there are some changes I would have made but I was happy with the finished card and fortunately for me he loved it and it now sits proudly in his office. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails