Sunday 28 February 2010

Market Fresh!

I was excited to receive my latest parcel of goodies that I had recently ordered, some lovely American Crafts cardstock and stickers, Cosmo Cricket Material Girl and Garden Variety Mini Deck, Elements and Stickers. I set them all out on my desk and decided to work with Garden Variety. They are really lovely papers but as I looked through them I was increasingly perplexed as to how I was going to use them. Carrots? Pea Pods? how would they work? what occasions could I use them for? Fortunately I found inspiration from the elements paper sheet and it kinda went from there, I made the following cards from it and some others which I can share next week but it wasn't the easiest task I've come up against but that's what it's all about isn't it? Trying new things :)

I loved the cheeky little smiley strawberry so pulled out some felt and made this little guy, if I had the patience I would make more as he is so cute!


I loved the little 'flash card' type of cards included on the elements paper and used them on this one with that cute little berry again. I made an aperture and glued acetate inside with some ki memories die cut paper behind, I liked this technique so expect to be bored with more cards featuring the same technique!


Next up is another of the little cards with adorable little pea pods. I am still learning how to stitch on paper and found curved edges a bit of a challenge but I will persevere! I'm loving the Prima lace at the moment, so very pretty.


Now this last one was a bit tricky, a tomato, on a card? Well, I just sat and merrily cut the veggie paper up and stuck it all together and I like him, he's such a jolly little guy!


If you have made any cards using this line I would love to see them! I'm going to try Material Girl next :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh and the inspiration really carried you - fab cards, wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails