Monday 5 August 2013

Mint Julep

Just a quick post today with a card I made for my best friend who lives overseas. When I saw the Mint Julep paper line by Basic Grey I knew that I had to have it, the bright colours and florals are just perfect together and of course I went to my favourite type of card, patchwork!

I die cut hexagons from a number of different papers in the 6x6 pad with my silhouette and pieced them together, I did briefly consider sewing them together but quickly dismissed it as a foolish notion in this unseasonably hot weather. I added a chipboard frame and sentiment from the printed chipboard pack, some prima lace, American Crafts glitter ribbon and a beautiful brad. I will admit that I hoard pretty fabric brads and find it hard to part with them, but, as she's my best friend I guess she's worth it ;)
 
Hope your Monday was happy,
Ang x

1 comment:

  1. I adore the look of this card! Your friend will love every sweet scrap! Reminds me of a warm quilt you just want to wrap up in!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails