Monday 28 October 2013

The clocks have gone back...

and that spells disaster when photographing my cards. It's dark when I leave for work in the morning and it's dark when I get home so I am reduced to taking pictures with a daylight lamp, angle poise lamp and overhead light. Now, most people can make that combination work, me? I am so technically challenged that I just can't get it right. I have updated my blog hop post here with *marginally* better photos than before, however I need to figure out how to improve the quality of my photographs in winter!

Here are a couple of cards that I made recently for a submission call that didn't make the grade!


Lots of gold glitter (which got everywhere!) and my newest favourite sentiment set, Scrolling Script along with the Mat Stack 7 die. I had some left over pleated crepe ribbon from another project which I added for a bit of dimension, I like to think that this might be suitable for an older person's birthday.


I went simple with this card, adding texture with the polka dot embossing folder. I die cut an aperture in the card with Mat Stack 7 dies and mounted the sentiment on acetate to give it a floating look. I like how it looks like a silver ring with a big diamond, if I swap out the sentiment it might be nice for an engagement card.

On a later shift all this week which wreaks havoc with my crafting time, I hope to get started on some more Christmas projects this week.

Ang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails