Tuesday 22 October 2013

The First of the Year

I have been putting off the dreaded 'c' word for some time, but I have finally decided to take the plunge and make my first Christmas card of 2013. I have been admiring the new Wplus9 Merry and Bright stamp set, a Christmas companion to Fresh Cut Florals, and decided that I would try and recreate my own festive card using Fresh Cut Florals and here is the result.

The card base is Papertrey Ink ripe avocado, I die cut and embossed a panel of white card and sewed it to the base, stamped some die cut berries and leaves using pure poppy, ripe avocado and simply chartreuse and adhered them in a circle using foam pads. The small doily is by My Favourite Things and the sentiment is from PTI Tag It's #8. I had fun making the wreath hanger and bow from washi tape. I was slow to pick up on the washi tape craze but find myself using it more and more, I'm worried that I will amass a large collection as I have almost 20 rolls already (That's nothing, have you seen this?)

Well, I'm going back to making some holiday tags for the PTI blog hop :)
Ang x

2 comments:

  1. Very nice wreath using the different greens and leaf elements. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw this is gorgeous Ang, love the simplicity with the texture - not visited for ages - plan to change that!
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails