Thursday 14 November 2013

Bits and Pieces 3

I have a goal to use up all of the scraps that I have, but I just seem to make more! With that in mind I have set myself a 'Bits and Pieces' challenge to try to use up all the scraps created when making a project. You can see my first 2 posts here and here.

I recently made some love cupcakes to take to work for my fellow co-workers and used my Silhouette to cut out all of the hearts for the toppers that I needed.

I was left with two 8 x 11.5 sheets of heart negatives, I paired this with a sheet of my favourite Crate Paper floral - Emma's Shop, Fabrics and managed to come up with 6 cards that came together really easily.

This is the card I made that created the 'scraps'
It came together whilst playing around with some embellishments on my desk, I really like it, I should have photographed it against a darker background so you could see the edge scallops better. The die cut sentiment is by My Minds Eye.

The following cards were all made using the heart die cut and floral paper scraps. I also used my new Wplus9 basic banners stamp set and die for the sentiment

Shhh, you didn't see the wonky stamping, Ok?


I added some touches of glitter paper, washi tape and some simple embellishments and had fun with it, I am also pleased that I have filled up my stash of birthday cards!

Now, if only I could bring myself to throw away the pieces smaller that 4x4 inches I would really make a dent in the pile!

Have a great weekend.
Ang.

PS - You can also see how I created this wreath using scraps no larger than 3x3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails