Saturday 1 March 2014

52 Cards Challenge 2014 - Week 9/Taking Inspiration..

For the 52 Cards Challenge this week Nat has chosen the following picture of a beautifully decorated cake as our inspiration.
Elements to be inspired by in this pic:
  • Colours - white/mint/pink/gold 
  • Embossing 
  • Doilies
  • Ruffles/pleating
  • Ribbon
  • Fancy buttons/brads
  • Pearls 
  • Dimensional flowers

All of these elements spoke to me and said 'Mothers Day Card' (Mothers Day in the UK is on Sunday the 30th of March) I had also been reading one of my favourite blogs by a wonderful Polish cardmaker,  Dorota_MK who makes the most stunningly beautiful cards, tags and projects, I decided that I would also make the card inspired by her style, taking elements from a number of her recent projects and this is what I came up with!


To me that equated to lots of layers and little details like the distressed edges, the vellum doily, the gold glitter swirls, sigh, I really enjoyed making this. It's not my usual style but I loved using some of the pretty embellishments I have accumulated over the years and my silhouette certainly got a workout with the swirls, feathers and rose. I wish I had as much time to devote to every card as I did on this. I think my mum is going to love it!

I need to plan something similar for my Mother-In-Law so watch this space! I am also having fun with Chalkboard products that I hope to share later in the week.

Thanks for reading,
Ang.

1 comment:

  1. What a luxurious looking card. I love the placement of the flower, butterfly and pearl pin.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and will answer any questions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails